You’ve asked for more opportunities to get involved. Here’s your chance!
The annual Dress for Success Auction and Fashion Show is slated for Friday, April 27 at the downtown Hilton Hotel. Last year, Women for Success hosted the first-ever Beauty Bar before the main event. It was a smashing success, bringing in over $3,500! If there’s anything we learned from last year, it’s that we can’t do this event by ourselves. That’s where you come in.
- 8 volunteers to help out with the Beauty Bar from 4 to 6 p.m. on April 27. It’s a great way to have fun, make a difference and attend a fabulous VIP event for free. Contact Crystal for more info.
- Coupons, product samples or other items of value for our swag bags. Small business owners: this is a great way to get your name out to 75-100 auction attendees! Don’t have swag? Volunteer to help us call/visit local businesses. Contact Megan for more info.
p.s. Don’t forget to RSVP for our Give Wine, Get Wine event on April 5. Click here for details.
Give Wine Get Wine
Thursday, April 5 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Red Slate Wine Company
107 SE Washington St. #133 | Portland, OR
What’s a “wine raiser?” Last year, with your help, we were able to donate $700 worth of wine to Dress for Success Oregon’s auction. This year, we have a whole new “wall of wine” to fill, so bring your favorite bottle of red, white or bubbly worth $20 or more to donate to the wall and we’ll treat you to a free wine tasting flight at Red Slate in SE Portland. Don’t have time to make it to the store? All bottles of wine at Red Slate will be 10% off the night of our event.
Do you love Women for Success? Are you looking for a way to get more involved? We’re on a mission to find a few good women to join our board.
Want to learn more? Come to an information session on Wednesday, March 7 at 5:30 p.m. at the offices of Boly:Welch (625 Southwest Broadway, Fifth Floor, Portland, OR 97205). RVSP here.
A friend asked us to help publicize this job opening. Know anyone who might be a good fit?
Andina Restaurant, located in the heart of The Pearl District, seeks an experienced and enthusiastic full-time office manager. Andina was named 2005 Restaurant of the Year by The Oregonian, recognized by Gourmet Magazine in their 2004 restaurant guide as being a “Big Deal” in Portland, and selected as one of 100 Favorite Restaurants Worldwide by the 2008 Robb Report. We are an independent family-owned Peruvian restaurant, serving serious food in both a casual and fine dining setting.
The successful candidate must possess the personal organization, drive, and temperament to thrive amidst the hustle and bustle of an extremely busy restaurant and ideally be fully conversant with office systems, human resources, and general administration. This position is also solely responsible for all of the restaurant’s design needs, such as menu and promotional design, website maintenance, e-mail and social marketing. Spanish language skills are not mandatory, but certainly would be a benefit. This is a salaried position, and the schedule is Tuesday through Saturday with an average of 50 hours per week. Days off are typically Sunday and Monday, but flexibility in accordance with the nature and needs of the business is required to help with covering sickness, vacation, special events, and holidays. Please note Andina is open on all holidays except Christmas Day. The salary package includes health benefits (medical, dental and vision) and paid vacation.
All applicants should carefully consider the following points;
• Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (PC)
• Expert in Microsoft Office
• Working knowledge of Quickbooks
• Open Table (previous experience would be ideal)
• Administrative and multi-line reception experience; appropriate verbiage /client interaction
• Ability both to work independently and to take direction from multiple people, then prioritize those orders
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Handle both loosely formulated, large-scope projects and small, highly-detailed tedious tasks with ease
• Self-starter, meticulous planner
• Team player and coordinator, exhibiting a willingness to help others outside of your department
• Basic IT/network administration skills
• Bi-lingual English and Spanish, verbal and written
• Service industry background
• Basic payroll and HR experience
• Working knowledge of content management systems
• Social media experience
• Strong writing and editing skills
Please e-mail your resume, references and favorite movie picks for immediate consideration. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a great team. No two ways about it!
Are you looking for a full-time job with excellent benefits? We just got word that Ferguson Wellman Capital Management, a supporter of Women for Success Portland, is seeking an executive assistant to their CEO. If you have any questions about working at Ferguson Wellman, several of our members work there, and would be happy to share their experiences with you!
Click here to view the job description, and don’t forget to mention us when you apply.
Join us for a very informal happy hour at 5:30 p.m. on December 8, 2011 at Bridgeport Brewery in the Pearl (we’ll be upstairs). It seems like you all would like more opportunities to mingle and get to know each other, and what better way than an informal monthly cocktail hour?!
For more info or to RSVP, email email@example.com.
On Sunday, November 13, the ladies of Women for Success Portland returned to Hotel Monaco for their second annual champagne brunch. This year, we decided to tackle business etiquette, with help from one of the Northwest’s leading etiquette experts, Susie Kanewske. As always, it was wonderful to see a room full of familiar faces, but the best part of all? We raised $4,665 for Dress for Success Oregon, bringing our total for this fiscal year to just over $8,600! (just a little further to go ladies…)
A HUGE thank you to all of our members, the volunteers who staffed our check-in table, and our presenting sponsor, Ferguson Wellman Capital Management. We also owe many thanks to Hotel Monaco, Red Star Tavern, and to Leanna NYC for dressing our board for the event.